Monday, February 20, 2012

Neal Asher's Writers' Workshop


SF author Neal Asher has started a writers' workshop over on his website where he's uploaded a part of a story of his that he never included in his novel 'The Voyage Of The Sable Keech', it's an interesting sub-plot that never saw the light of day and well worth a read. He's also had a few uploads from fans (I'm one) of their own work in progress and has given some feedback and valuable advice on them. I've been writing a hard sf story 'The Dam Across The Stars' for a number of years (yeah, I'm slow) and have a total of about 55,000 words done but have hit a writer's block with it. However, after sending in three samples of about 1,500 words each and getting some excellent input from both Neal and his readers I feel better about the story and hope to unblock that damned block.
To see what's been uploaded and to comment or perhaps even give the workshop a go yourself with something you've written, go here:

Workshop

3 comments:

Neal Asher said...

Cheers for this Bob!

Anonymous said...

when is the next flames coming out Bob.

Bob Lock said...

No problem, Neal, I'm enjoying the workshop :)

Hi Anon, hopefully this year, I'm about 2/3 through and have the rest in my head, just need to get it onto the page!