Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's only took me sixteen years to discover this!



In 1993 I had my first short story published by Alun Books in Wales. The story was called 'The Leaf In The Stone' and was featured in an anthology of supernatural/horror stories edited by Steve Lockley and Paul Lewis called Cold Cuts. However, it's only recently that I discovered that the story received an honourable mention in Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling's
'The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror Seventh Annual Collection in 1994!
It has only taken me sixteen years to discover this and as you can imagine that's sixteen years of bragging I've lost... d'oh!



quote: The writing quality is high although the stories aren't all that original. A few standouts by Bob Lock, Christopher Evans, Jane Del-Pizzo, Steve Lockley and Catrin Collier.

Who said I'm slow?

2 comments:

Angel said...

That's amazing news, Bob! Congratulations 16 years too late. :) Hehe. I bet it made your day when you found out.

Bob Lock said...

Hey Angel!

Yeah I was over the moon, especially as it was my first published story.

Best
Bob