Saturday, December 05, 2009

I'm in an Advent Calendar!

I'm day five in the Interzone's Advent Calendar with my Pixelated Pixie story that was published by Geoff Willmetts' SFcrowsnest (an excellent on-line SF site) in 2006. There are no chocolates however, and, if Pete is reading this, no socks...


Interzone was founded in 1982 by David Pringle, John Clute, Alan Dorey, Malcolm Edwards, Colin Greenland, Graham Jones, Roz Kaveney and Simon Ounsley. It has been, is, and I hope will be for a long time to come, Britain's best SF magazine. It's a magazine that I've tried to get published in a few times but so far have been unsuccessful, but when you see some of the names they wield then I don't feel too bad, these are some mentioned on their site:

Terry Pratchett, Sir Arthur C. Clarke, Michael Moorcock, Greg Egan, Aliette de Bodard, Tim Akers, Will McIntosh, Jason Stoddard, Jason Sanford, Hannu Rajaniemi, Leah Bobet, Kim Lakin-Smith, Tim Lees, Karen Fishler, Nina Allan, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Gareth L. Powell, Mercurio D. Rivera, Jamie Barras, Suzanne Palmer, Carlos Hernandez, Daniel Kaysen, Grace Dugan, Rachel Swirsky, Benjamin Rosenbaum, M.K. Hobson, Gord Sellar, Al Robertson, Neil Williamson, Tim Pratt, Matthew Kressel, Sara King, Paul Drummond, Vincent Chong, David Gentry, Warwick Fraser-Coombe, Jim Burns, Christopher Nurse, Richard Marchand, Lisa Konrad, Dave Senecal, Geoffrey Grisso, Kenn Brown, Daniel Bristow-Bailey, John Picacio and many more, apologies to those I left off!

So, even though I'm not in the glossy magazine at least I've infiltrated the website! If you have time, go read and if by some chance you do find chocolate then don't tell anyone (if it's socks then forward them to Peter Tennant, I hear he is in desperate need)

No comments: